The easiest test you'll ever take!
No need to study! Your neighborhood Pinch A Penny offers a FREE seven-point computerized water test. Proper water chemistry saves money on chemicals and may prevent damage to your pool’s finish and equipment!
WHAT WE TEST FOR:
- Too low and you may get algae and bacteria growth.
- Too high and you may get staining – plus you’re spending more money than necessary on chlorine.
- Too low means your pool water is too acidic, which can cause burning eyes and skin irritation. Also, low pH is corrosive to your pool finish and equipment.
- Too high means your pool water is too basic. This also causes skin and eye irritation as well as causing your chlorine and bromine to be less effective, which leads to scale build-up.
- A detailed test which determines how much Acid or Suncoast® pH Plus your pool needs when pH is out of balance.
- Low alkalinity can cause rapid deterioration of some types of pool surfaces and fittings and can also lead to metal stains.
- High alkalinity can cause stains and scale build-up – the latter can impact the efficiency of your pool equipment.
- High alkalinity can also prevent the pH from being balanced.
- When the calcium hardness is too low, the pool water becomes corrosive which may lead to staining and etching of your pool’s finish and can be corrosive on equipment and metal fittings.
- When the calcium hardness is too high, scale starts to build-up and staining can occur. This may also cause your pool equipment to run inefficiently.
- The only way to reduce calcium hardness is by adding fresh water.
- Low stabilizer will cause your pool to use more chlorine than necessary.
- High stabilizer levels can lead to stains or spot etching of your pool’s finish.
Total Dissolved Solids (TDS)
- High TDS levels make it difficult for your pool chemicals to dissolve and do their job. This can lead to persistent issues with algae, cloudiness, and staining. Also, pool water with a high TDS level can taste salty. The only way to lower TDS is to dilute the pool with fresh water.
We want your pool to be The Perfect Pool! Stop into your local Pinch A Penny for a FREE water test bottle and get started on your way to a clean, healthy swimming pool.