Having a pool heater is great because it allows you to extend your swim season. While you are using your heater consistently there are a few things you can do to help it perform optimally. There are a few specific things to look out for, whether you have an electric heat pump or gas pool water heater.
Pool Heater Tips for Gas Heaters
- Clear any debris or leaves from the top of the heater.
- Check any pipes that carry water for cracks or leaks.
- Clean the cabinet- inside and out.
- Turn the thermostat knob quickly a few times to prevent corrosion buildup.
- Check the pilot and burners for clean, full flames.
- Check the burner tray for any buildup of deposits or discoloration. If you see any, contact your local Pinch A Penny.
Pool Heater Tips for Electric Heat Pumps
- Maintain good airflow. Keep the area around the heater free from obstructions, bushes and branches.
- Keep the heater clean and remove any debris, leaves, twigs or pebbles.
- Make sure the heater is elevated and dry, away from sprinklers.
- Avoid long periods of downtime with the heater, running the pump ensures good water circulation and prevents internal corrosion.
It's important to maintain your pool heater at home, but remember the experts at Pinch A Penny can help keep it running safely and efficiently all season. Contact your local store for a pool heater check-up today!
Find a Pinch A Penny Near You